Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014


Time to Unwind 

This time of year can be very hectic. All this peace and joy and love is exhausting! This week take some time to just be. No need to fill your time with complicated crafts or projects, those are always fun, but sometimes you just need to unwind and let your brain put your thoughts in order. Don't think that "me time" means "alone time". Last week a group of friends and I took solace in hiking in the tranquil landscapes of the Smokies. We spent time hiking along trails, reveling in the beauty of the mountains, telling stories, and reminiscing. It was quite rejuvenating. When I got back to the hustle and bustle of work, I felt ready to face the week ahead of me in stride.


Don't forget children need to take time to de-stress too! Children these days are showing higher levels of stress and anxiety. Studies show that being around nature can help to alleviate these symptoms and even raise test scores. I challenge you to encourage young people (and yourself) to get outside at least 30 minutes or more a day. See if there attitude changes, you might be surprised on how much more relaxed you feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment