Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Greenville Zoo Nature Play: A Natural Club for Families


It’s finally here! The Greenville Zoo is proud to introduce a club for families that want to be more in tuned to nature. Maybe you just don’t know where to start? Or perhaps you don’t live near a natural space? Well we are here to help! This club is free to join and will offer seasonal hikes to get your family started. Hikes will be in local parks and natural spaces and lead by various nature enthusiasts. Our first hike will be in Cleveland Park and lead by Master Naturalist Polly Powell on Saturday, September 20th. Visit the Greenville Zoo’s website to register for the Greenville Zoo Nature Play Club.   


Meet Polly!
“I am a retired teacher having taught science and gifted students for 38 years.  I am the mother of 3 sons and the grandmother of 6 - 5 that live above the Mason-Dixon Line. This makes it imperative that I travel.... a lot!  I became a Master Gardener and a Master Naturalist after I retired and enjoy volunteering for both organizations.  I am married to Allen Powell, Executive Director of the National Technical Honor Society.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment