Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014


Labor day is just around the corner. A time when family and friends relax and have fun! If your three day weekend takes you to a beach, lake or even some much deserved down time in the backyard, try this fun activity! 

SAND CASTLES



I personally can't stand the feeling of dry sand in between my toes...but wet sand is a whole different squishy squashy story! Whether I am on the beach, at the lake, or in a sand pit at a friend’s house, I like to play in wet sand. I love the way it plops back to earth after being released from my hands. Or how about the way it soaks up the sun and warms your body and even gives off some of that heat just after the sun sets? A favorite activity I have is to make the sand my canvas and to draw on it with a stick as my brush. The creative possibilities of sand seem to be as numerous as the sand grains themselves.
 Take this time to teach your young explorer how to be an architect and create castles, forts, or their own Atlantis. All you need is sand, water and a bucket...beach NOT required! Let out that inner sculptor and see what unfolds. Your little one has incredible talent waiting to be unleashed. Let them learn how to manipulate the sand, build structures, and create. This may not seem like much to us, but to a child these types of activities can help to shape their minds and foster creativity.  

Check out these totally radical sand castles to inspire you.

No comments:

Post a Comment